Razer’s $2,800 Gaming Laptop With Trendsetting UI
“Razer took out a full-page ad in the Wall Street Journal refuting the idea that PC gaming is dead, and reaffirming the company’s love for PC games.
The company also promised an announcement today, something that would show just how much Razer loved PC gaming. Many people expected a new mouse or peripheral, but the reality is much more impressive: Razer is launching its own gaming laptop, complete with what the company is calling the “Switchblade User Interface.”
This includes 10 dynamic keys and an LCD screen to the right of the keyboard that doubles as a multitouch panel.
Let’s take a look at the specs
- 2.8GHz Intel® CoreTM i7 2640M Processor
- 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
- 17.3″ LED Backlit Display (1920×1080)
- NVIDIA GeForce® GT 555M with NVIDIA® OptimusTM Technology
- 2GB Dedicated GDDR5 Video Memory
- Built-in HD Webcam
- Integrated 60Wh Battery
- 320GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
- Wireless Network 802.11 b/g/n Compatible
- 16.81″ (Width) x 10.9″ (Depth) x 0.88″ (Height); 6.97lbs (Weight)
It will ship in the fourth quarter of 2011 for $2,799.99.”